Effective July 15th, 2021
Effective July 15th, 2021
Elizabeth Now adheres to the Government of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information serves as the foundation for multinational exchanges of information and data protection laws. Consistent with government legislation and the CSA code, our information privacy practices are as follows:
- Accountability: Elizabeth Now is actively accountable for our clients’ personal information and ensures appropriate policies and procedures are in place to protect that information.
- Identifying purposes: Elizabeth Now will identify the purposes for collecting personal information.
- Consent — Elizabeth Now will not collect, use, or disclose personal information without the consent of the client.
- Limiting collection: Elizabeth Now will collect only necessary, relevant information by lawful and fair means.
- Limiting use, disclosure, and retention: Elizabeth Now will not use or disclose information for purposes other than for those which it was collected without consent of the individual or organization. Information will be maintained only for as long as necessary and will not be disclosed to other parties.
- Accuracy: Elizabeth Now will ensure any personal information collected is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible for the purposes for which it will be used.
- Safeguard: Elizabeth Now will protect personal information using reasonable physical, administrative and procedural, and technical safeguards appropriate to its sensitivity.
- Openness: Elizabeth Now will make available our privacy policies and practices on request to our clients.
- Individual access: clients are welcome to request access to their personal information that Elizabeth Now retains to determine accuracy and completeness and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging compliance: Elizabeth Now maintains a complaint procedure and a designated person to ensure compliance with privacy legislation.
Elizabeth Now takes all reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and disclosure. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk. Elizabeth Now will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security, or unintended loss, or disclosure of information due to our website being linked to the Internet.
Privacy Questions & Answers
How does Elizabeth Now collect and use my information?
Elizabeth Now collects your personal information through various means which may include personal contact, job applications, phone contact, submitting your email, subscribing to newsletters, and through website cookies. This information is collected to manage our ongoing relationship with you. In general, the information collected and used about you is for the purposes of:
- Providing information about Elizabeth Now and its operations, including, but not limited to: newsletters, marketing information, product updates, and upcoming events.
- Product purchases and support.
- Enhancing the functionality of our website.
- Managing and administering contracts.
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- Developing and improving our products and services, website content, and advertising.
- Sending important notices such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Managing and developing our business.
- Internal auditing, data analysis, and research.
- Employment and contracting opportunities.
What information does Elizabeth Now collect?
Elizabeth Now only collects the minimum required personally identifiable data such as your name, title, company/educational institution, address, telephone and fax number, and email address, when it is voluntarily submitted by you. When you send Elizabeth Now email, we collect your email address, your Internet protocol (IP) address, and your message so that we may reply to you. We recommend that sensitive personal information not be sent unencrypted over the Internet or by email.
Can I submit my resume/CV on your website or by an email?
Yes, you may submit your resume/CV along with your coverletter to: email@example.com
Due to the volume of resumes received, we will only contact those applicants who have been selected to proceed in the hiring process. The hiring process at Elizabeth Now involves interviews and pre-employment testing. The process for each position may vary and the process will be outlined to you if contacted.
Do I have to provide my personal information?
No. You don’t need to provide any information that identifies you or any other personal information in order to use Elizabeth Now’s website. Elizabeth Now receives personal information from you only with your express consent or when you voluntarily choose to provide it. Consent may be withdrawn, subject to legal or contractual agreements. We will respond to your request within 10 business days.
Does Elizabeth Now release my information to others?
No. We do not sell, rent, or give away your personal information. We will not release your personal information to a third party, other than our auditors, affiliates, or our parent organization, Elizabeth Now (all on a need-to-know basis) unless authorized by you or required by a court order. All personally identifiable information collected is subject to disclosure to judicial or other government agencies pursuant to properly obtained warrants, subpoenas, or other governmental orders.
Do I have to receive information from Elizabeth Now?
You may choose to receive information from each Elizabeth Now division or you may opt out of receiving information from that division at any time simply by clicking the unsubscribe link on our correspondence. In the case of legal relationships, you may not opt out of receiving legal notices or other communications provided for in legal agreements you are a party to with Elizabeth Now. This information is considered vital to your interaction with Elizabeth Now. You may request to have this information deleted upon termination of your product/service agreement.
How does Elizabeth Now store my information and for how long?
Elizabeth Now takes all reasonable security measures to protect your personal information. We maintain procedures to ensure your personal information is collected and stored in a secured manner. Information is only accessible to designated staff to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. Elizabeth Now retains information only for as long as necessary and as required by law.
What can I do to protect my information?
You are responsible for creating and maintaining any username and password associated with Elizabeth Now and our website. Choose a password that is not easy to guess and keep your password secure. Never share your password with anyone. No one from Elizabeth Now will call or email you asking for your password.
It is also important that your computer antivirus and security software is kept up to date. When your session is complete, please ensure you properly log-off from our website and close your browser.
You are responsible for all interaction with our website occurring in connection with your password and username. You must immediately notify Elizabeth Now of any unauthorized use of your password and username, or any other breach of security related to your account and our website.
How do I ensure the accuracy of my information or have it removed?
To review, correct, update, or remove information you previously provided to Elizabeth Now you may contact our office as follows:
Account: You can update your profile within your account. To delete your account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting Account Delete in the subject line.
When required, please ensure you clearly indicate the account information you would like to update or delete in our database. We will respond to your request within 10 business days. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and reserve the right to re-contact former users of the site for legal or record keeping purposes. You may request to have this information deleted once your product/service agreement has expired.
What information does Elizabeth Now’s website collect?
The Elizabeth Now website uses software that automatically collects the IP address of the computer through which the user is connected to the Internet. Elizabeth Now’s website also automatically collects information about the users’ Internet browser software, operating system, the date and time of the users’ access, and pages viewed while on the Elizabeth Now website. The referral URL may also be collected. This information is used in aggregate form for statistical purposes only to assess how our website is being used and improve the user experience.
You may choose not to accept cookies by setting your browser privacy options. Please refer to your browser documentation for more information. Please note, that by not accepting cookies you may limit the functionality that we can provide when you visit our website.
What about children using your website?
Our website is not directed at children. We do not intentionally collect information from people under the age of 18.
What if I have further questions or concerns about my privacy?
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy and this website please contact us at:
566 Gertrude Ave.
Attention: Privacy Officer